***SUBMISSIONS FOR ISSUE #5 ARE DUE 7 MAY, 2018.
The theme for issue #5 is ‘FIVE ISMS’ (racism, sexism, capitalism, activism, speciesism). Maybe your interested in exploring the idea of isms in general? Or just one theme really gets your goat. Tell us about it in words or pictures, we want to hear from you!
If you are over 17, interested in creating something in response to this theme, can draw a stick figure, use a camera or string two words together, than we want to hear from YOU!!!
What we expect from you:
- To read and sign the consent form and send it with your submission
- That you are over 17 years of age
- To submit either new written or visual work
- To submit for consideration your own ideas and opinions
- You own the copyright and give us permission to reproduce it
- To be aware that submitted works will be reproduced in colour both in print and digitally
- Submitted image files in jpg or tiff format at 300 dpi
- Submitted written pieces in an editable word file (no PDFs)
- To be aware that we hold the right NOT to publish your work
- To communicate with us if you have any questions or concerns
- To submit your work by the stated deadline
- By signing this consent form you are agreeing to the conditions of participation for current and future submissions
- What are you waiting for?? Get cracking!!
What you can expect from us:
- To publish material that we deem is in keeping with the stated theme for each issue, and reflects the aims of The Equal Standard
- To retain full editorial control, including the placement of works
- If selected, we will reproduce your work in The Equal Standard and in some instances current and/or future promotional or archiving material
- If your work is not accepted, we may consider publishing your submission in another issue
- That your submitted work may be edited, including cropping/ manipulating images and editing text, but all edits will be subject to your final approval
- To allow you to withdraw your work for publishing for any reason before the publication is printed and digitally distributed
- If your work is published, we will provide you with a link of the completed publication
- If we agree to publish your work, we will keep your submission anonymous if you request it
- A massive, and genuine thank you!
Email your submissions, along with your completed consent form to: email@example.com
DEADLINE: 7 MAY 2018, 5p.m.